Saturday, January 20, 2007

Not a good start

I won't be able to post pictures of the Rodney Atkins show. My idea was to shoot a sequence: before, during and after the show. Actually I was more interested in taking pictures backstage than just the usual onstage shots. That was OK with The Blue Note's owner. It was OK with Atkins' agent too. But the singer's publicist got a little nervous: "I am sorry, sir. We never, never allow anyone to take pictures backstage. That's our policy."

I wonder what would have happened if I had told her that the photographs would appear in the next issue of Rolling Stone (or whatever its cowboy equivalent is)...

Anyway, I guess I will have to think about a less glamorous sequence, like people taking the elevator, riding up (or down) and getting out. Hopefully they won't have publicity issues.

No comments: